Man, is it a relief to have that blasted issues paper out of the way! I literally felt happier today knowing it was gone. I probably shouldn’t say that knowing Professor Elliott will most likely read this blog, but still, I can be relieved, can’t I?
I may get to go to General Conference this year, and I mean REALLY go. I am still unsure, since my dad has yet to tell me if the tickets are still available, but if they are, I get to go!!! Well, if they don’t get lost in the mail, that is. There are definitely perks to having a father who is the stake clerk, let me tell ya. Though I am unsure why this opportunity didn’t come up in October. That doesn’t make sense to me. But maybe those tickets got snatched up faster than they did this time.
My brain hurts. I had to read over half of one of my sociology books last night, and write a critique on it this morning. I wanted to die. First I had the issues paper and a geology application paper to have done on Monday, and then I had to read that book and write that paper within the intervening twenty-four hours. I wanted to scream—still do, since I have at least one more paper due this week (another geology application paper) and I am so no happy. I think I’ve spent close to five dollars just for printing this semester, if not more. Plus, I’ve written more papers this semester alone than my father did his whole college career—and he got a masters in Math here at BYU. I seriously think my teachers are trying to kill me, or at least kill my fingers and the brain cells in charge of writing.
Had a wonderful visit at the nursing home, though. Totally uplifted my spirits to talk to my assigned “grandparent.” (And Word Perfect hates my sentence fragments.) Back to the nursing home. It was a tad sad, though, since she is leaving on Thursday. But that means that I get a new grandparent to visit!
It sounds like you've got a serious workload this semester! I definitely feel your pain. Are you a part of the Adopt-a-Grandparent program that BYU organizes?
ReplyDeleteYes, I am--at least nominally. Since I've had four grandparents in the last seven weeks, I'm pretty sure I am more of a floater volunteer, but I don't mind. Less chance of heartbreak later, right?
Delete