I have brown hair and am the only member of my family with any hint of brown in my eyes. I am the eldest of eight children, and therefore a second mother to the majority of my family. I sing and play the flute, though neither as well as I would like. Since I was young, I have enjoyed reading and have slowly developed a love of writing. My favorite genres of media are science fiction, fantasy, and mystery. I am terrified of moths, heights, and depths, and I absolutely hate it when my computer screen randomly changes the view size. I love pasta and cheese, often together.
Honored to share the same name as you Jess. Jess? Do you go by Jess? I always have to ask because I know how it can be as a Jessica. I personally don't mind what people call me (Jess, Jessie, Jessica, J-dawg, haha whatever), but if you have a preference please let me know :)
ReplyDeleteI feel like we have this special connection, maybe the name alone, but it might also be that we have similar backgrounds. I too, am the oldest in my family. It is only of 5 kids but my youngest brother is 3 so we are way spread out and I'm still asked to fill maternal roles more often than not. haha. Do you love it as much as I do?
I also love to sing. mmm. SING. Tell me, what is your background? Classical? Belt? etc.
Anyways, I am looking forward to getting to know you this semester!
Yours Truly,
-Jess, Jessica, Jessie, J-dawg :)
I prefer being called Jess or Jessica. As for loving being mommy, I was sharing a room with my little sister for the last two years (she's nearly four now).
DeleteMy background? In music?
Also, how am I supposed to comment on your blog? I can't find it.
Well, my name's not Jess, and I'm not the oldest in my family, but besides that we have quite a bit in common. I too have grown to love writing(as long as it's fiction). I also enjoy science fiction and fantasy books. What's your favorite series within that genre?
ReplyDeleteYum, pasta. I believe that it is the perfect food for college students: it's cheap, easy to make, and is quite filling. True?
From,
Ian
I like Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Circle of Magic, and Ranger's Apprentice. And, just like you, I love to write fiction...mainly fan fiction at the moment.
DeleteNice to see conversation happening here! Jess Anne, your blog is visually striking and I've enjoyed reading your writing here. Ian, I'm glad your name isn't Jess--not sure it would fit you. Glad you're sticking with Ian.
Delete(The secret to commenting on my blog is to go to the Bar on the side of the page, under "a student". Click on the link to the blog, and that will be my blog for this class. Sorry for all of the confusion!)
ReplyDeleteYou guys. We three will make a great team!
-Jess #2
Pasta + cheese = win. Totally.
ReplyDelete